Meet Our Trainers
Matt was born and raised locally and has been involved with various sports and fitness training for most of his life. Matt got his first gym membership at the age of 16 and joined the Body Zone as a member during its inaugural year in 1999. After a decade in the corporate world, Matt turned his passion of fitness into a career in 2009. Matt has earned several certifications and credentials including:
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) - 2008
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) - 2009
- National Personal Training Institute - San Francisco (NPTI) - 2009
- TRX Suspension Training - 2009
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) - 2009
- Functional Movement Screen Certified (FMS) - 2010
- Certified Massage Practitioner - 250 Hour Course from Cypress Health Institute - 2010
- Titleist Performance Institute - Golf Fitness Instructor Level One (TPI) - 2011
- Personal Training Academy Global (PTAG) - 2011
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist (NASM-FNS) - 2012
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM-CES) - 2014
Buddy is a Certified Personal Trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and a Certified Fitness Trainer through the International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA). Buddy regularly attends seminars to keep up with new and current fitness practices. Buddy knows what it is like to be the chubby guy, when he was at 235 lbs and the skinny guy, when he was 142 lbs, before working towards his desired weight of 180 lbs. Buddy's athletic background includes high school rugby and football. Buddy's specialties are body building/shaping and fat loss, but he enjoys and is well versed in all aspects of training from rehab, endurance to strongman competition training. Buddy's motto is: "With the correct use of exercise sciences and with the right individual plan, all fitness goals are achievable".
David is a Certified Personal Trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). He is also a Certified Emergency Medical Technician and has an AA in Communications. David was raised in Santa Cruz County. He currently plays local semi-professional baseball and is a die-hard SF Giants fan. At the age of 16, David discovered strength training and proper nutrition to achieve his fitness goals. Today, fitness and nutrition are some of his passions in life. When he isn’t at the gym or playing baseball, you can catch him playing with his daughter and family. David’s motto is: “Don’t make excuses why you can’t workout, find reasons why you can”.
Nick is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and also has a Bachelors degree from UC Berkeley. Nick is the current Strength and Conditioning Coach for the two-time defending conference champion Cabrillo College baseball team as well a Strength and Conditioning Coach with the Cabrillo College Football team. In his free time, Nick enjoys watching sports on all levels, especially football, basketball and baseball. Nick is very approachable and wants to help you take your fitness goals and body to the next level.
Education: Master of Arts in Physical Education Specialty: Corrective posture exercises Academy of Physical Education in Warsaw (Poland) Certifications:
- Primary Group Exercise Instructor AFAA
- Spinning Star3 Instructor -Madd Dog Athletic LLC
- Kettlebell Instructor -ISCA
- Pilates advanced matwork & reformer (Stott Pilates)
- FMS (functional movement screen) certified CPR & AED
Steven is an ISSA-CPT (International Sports Science Association) Certified Personal Trainer.
Steven has been working at Body Zone since 2013 and earned his ISSA-CPT in 2016. Steven also teaches boot camp on Monday evenings. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, talking sports (especially the SF Giants and 49ers) and of course, working out here at Body Zone.
Steven is always approachable and ready to discuss and help you achieve your fitness goals!